WHAT IS YALI? The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) was launched by the United States government as a signature effort to invest in the next…
WHAT IS YALI?
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) was launched by the United States government as a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. The need to invest in grooming strong, results-oriented leaders comes out of the statistics: nearly 1 in 3 Africans are between the ages of 10 and 24, and approximately 60% of Africa’s total population is below the age of 35. Who will empower and lead these young Africans? Who will shape the future of business and entrepreneurship, civic leadership, and public management? In order to answer these questions, YALI promotes three models designed to identify and empower young leaders: the YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship,YALI Network and now the establishment of Regional Leadership Centers across Africa.
Supporting this progress, the Accra Regional Leadership Centre (RLC), as part of the United States government initiative, Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI), will offer an innovative and game changing leadership training program in Africa. The program will be hosted by Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), and the first cohort will walk through the doors on the 31st July 2014.
Reasons to Apply to the YALI
- At the end of the programs participants will be awarded with certificate and become a member of the Yali Alumni
- Participants will be taking through various forms of leadership training to prepare them for leadership role in their various endeavors.
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The management of the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra reserves the right to verify all of the information included in the application.
Who Should Apply?
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa is a merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Burkina Faso.
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
You can apply here: http://yaliwestafrica.net/rlc/index.php/apply-nowsdafawfwqr/
Was this article really helpful? Please share and drop your comments.