Fabnesis Building & Architecture Lagos|Full Time|Construction| 75,000 – 150,000 Job Summary The role of the land surveyor in construction includes the measurement of properties sold…
Fabnesis Building & Architecture
The role of the land surveyor in construction includes the measurement of properties sold or purchased, and to locate buildings, roads and utilities
- Minimum Qualification: HND
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles in order to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
- Adjust surveying instruments in order to maintain their accuracy.
- Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
- Train assistants and helpers, and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys or drafting maps
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications in order to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.