Festival Connect 2020 is open to festivals in the UK and SSA (Sub-Saharan Africa). It facilitates connections, exchanges and showcases contemporary arts between UK and…
Festival Connect 2020 is open to festivals in the UK and SSA (Sub-Saharan Africa). It facilitates connections, exchanges and showcases contemporary arts between UK and SSA festivals across art forms and at a scaled ambition. We believe festivals are unique environments and make for condensed and intense experiences, and we would like to see ambitious and experimental projects fostered through this call. This requires a partnership between two festivals, one in SSA and one in the UK, but does not necessarily have to take place at both festivals, or it could be programming new art or creative work by young international artists.
are vibrant artistic platforms – they are meeting points, and a hive of
activity for people to network, exchange skills, share ideas, and each
other’s art with wide and varied audiences. Across SSA and the UK, we
engage and work with festivals in different ways; encourage sharing of
knowledge, build intelligence on festival models and exchange and offer
opportunities to showcase and collaborate across art form and countries.
This provides audiences with fresh content and access to contemporary
African and British art and artists. We do this through engaging with
young festival leadership, support a digital arts residency in
partnership with several festivals, and through our FestivalConnect open
- Your proposal value should be between 10,000 – 20,000 GBP (or the equivalent in local currency)
- A confirmed partnership or booking between festivals, organisations or artists
- Proposals must be festival led
- Your proposal must address one or more of the expected outcomes
- Your proposal must have one partner in SSA and one in the UK
- If you are proposing to programme artists, the artist needs to come from the reciprocating country (ie UK or SSA)
- The activity should take place between May 2020 and May 2021
- The festivals involved should have presented a minimum of three iterations of its festival
- Your project must connect with a majority 18 and 35 years old audience.
- Artists programmed must be between 18 and 35 years old.
Open to festivals, biennales, art fairs or large-scale exhibitions
Deadline for application is February 5, 2020.
Was this important information helpful? Please share !!!